St Xenia of Peterburg : short video imagining her life

An online Synaxaristes including martyrologies and hagiographies of the lives of the Orthodox Church's saints. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Barbara
Protoposter

Re: St Xenia of Peterburg : short video imagining her life

Post by Barbara »

Oh of course. I just feel that Rocor-MP needs to do this canonization to cancel out some of their other misdeeds [ joining the MP, for one ].

Which saints do you mean ? Any particular ones ? Like that tiresome figure so much advertised, Alexander of Munich ?
Or having to automatically accept whatever is on the diptychs of the MP and consider those as 'saints' ?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Oh of course. I just feel that Rocor-MP needs to do this canonization to cancel out some of their other misdeeds [ joining the MP, for one ].

Which saints do you mean ? Any particular ones ? Like that tiresome figure so much advertised, Alexander of Munich ?
Or having to automatically accept whatever is on the diptychs of the MP and consider those as 'saints' ?

I just happen to have the latest 2018 ROCOR-MP calendar given to me as a gift.

It has Luke and Matrona and all the other pseudo-saints that were recently glorified by the MP.
Unless one knows about these pseudo particular saints, in looking at this calendar, there is no way of knowing who is the genuine saint and who is the pseudo saint.

In short, the ROCOR-MP parishes in the USA venerate the pseudo saints. Their discernment skills are lacking.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Aha, just saw this comment now. That's interesting indeed. YES about the lamentable lack of discernment ! It's a great pity that the New Rocor [-MP] is so unaware of all the manipulations going on since the MP took them over. I believe Metropolitan Philaret and St John and so many other spiritual giants of the Old Rocor would never have fallen for such a trick as Matrona and Luke and others too maybe that need to be explored.

Remember, too, that the Old Rocor glorified St Xenia in 1978, 10 years before the MP got around to it.

Here is the video from the New York celebration, which I am posting because at least one or two other Youtube channels had their St Xenia Glorification videos cancelled due to copyright, said the youtube notice with the frowning face emoticon.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Barbara wrote:

Aha, just saw this comment now. That's interesting indeed. YES about the lamentable lack of discernment ! It's a great pity that the New Rocor [-MP] is so unaware of all the manipulations going on since the MP took them over. I believe Metropolitan Philaret and St John and so many other spiritual giants of the Old Rocor would never have fallen for such a trick as Matrona and Luke and others too maybe that need to be explored.

Remember, too, that the Old Rocor glorified St Xenia in 1978, 10 years before the MP got around to it.

Here is the video from the New York celebration, which I am posting because at least one or two other Youtube channels had their St Xenia Glorification videos cancelled due to copyright, said the youtube notice with the frowning face emoticon.

This is a memorizing service. I was sad to find out that the cathedral is no longer True Orthodox as its very beautiful. It also makes you wonder, where all all these people now?

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Yes, it is mesmerizing, isn't it, to see all the great Hierarchs of Rocor in its heyday, headed by the great Metropolitan Philaret. Light just beams from him.
I wish we had old-timer members who could identify the hierarchs. I can figure out most or at least many. But some I didn't recognize, or the film was too blurred to even take a guess.

I can hear that announcer speaking in his unique voice in my sleep, it's so familiar after so many times watching this priceless video.

Where is he and where are all the clergy and laity who crowded into the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Sign [ that's the Kursk Icon, Justice, if you didn't know ] ? I often have wondered that, too. What happened to them in their lives after this glorification service in autumn 1978 ? We can assume that St Xenia blessed each one who attended, but unfortunately, we have no way to find out any specific stories.

Aha ! This September will be exactly 40 YEARS SINCE THE GLORIFICATION OF ST XENIA by Rocor !!!

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

A channel belonging to a member of the GOC-K has released a cute video about St. Xenia's life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9LoE1acZ0k

Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

Justice wrote:

A channel belonging to a member of the GOC-K has released a cute video about St. Xenia's life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9LoE1acZ0k

Thats a nice story of the saints life.