Strike One Up for Rocor-MP !

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Strike One Up for Rocor-MP !

Post by Matthew »

I think nobody really believed that union with the Red Church was ever going to happen unless it confessed its sin and came to ROCOR to be received into the True Church. Instead they suddenly gave up any of their original positions that divided Rocor from MP and capitulated in everything. I also happen to know from someone who knew Archimandrite Luke that Arch. Luke had promised absolutely that he would never join the MP. (Archim. Luke was the main confessor for much of the faithful of ROCOR and he could have singlehandedly derailed most of ROCOR from joining the MP) A few months later, he announced that he supported the unia with the MP. My friend then went to him in person, flabbergasted at this total about face. He asked him vehemently, "Why have you done this? Why have you violated your oath and your promise and decided to betray Orthodoxy?" Archimandrite Luke told him this: "I have to go with them, because men came from Moscow and told me if I did not, they would most certainly kill me."

Again, let us think of that saying of the fathers of ancient Egypt who saw our day and hour of battle for the few remaining True Orthodox Christians: "In that hour they shall accomplish no good works at all, and temptation shall come upon them, nevertheless, those who are approved by God in that hour [who keep their confession of faith true and do not follow along with the world], will be greater than us or our fathers."

How hard it is, even for the great among us, to keep the faith and not deny the Truth. May God help us all to fare better in keeping the Orthodox Faith pure and true than Archimandrite Luke who, though he stood tall for the first part of his life, decided to save his life in this world and lose it in the next by submitting to the church of the God-haters.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

What a breathtaking story !

I am so glad you conveyed this, for I was so puzzled by his behavior.
I did not realize he was influential at all.

Hmm, is this why he was selected as Archimandrite and superior of Jordanville ?
I guess he was already Archimandrite, but was elevated a bit to head of the Brotherhood ?

STAGGERING.

I am glad he told the TRUTH to your friend, so at least we know this now.

People NEED some kind of resolution of all this perpetual wondering : WHY on earth did this union really happen?

The answer has NEVER come out in a way that the flock could comprehend.

This example shows that perhaps this threat was made to ALL of the main activists. Or maybe
a certain segment was already in the pay of Moscow and those who held back were approached this brute, thug-like way.

Woah --- !

Please do let us know if your friend gathers any further insights or examples to illuminate this scary corner of Rocor's process.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Speaking of breathtaking posts - A DARK one was written by a [fake] barbara, a 002, otherwise
known as the caustic and horribly offensive 'voices from russia' blogger.

I was going to post the first part but may do that on another thread.

Look at the commentary of 'Marxist 002' on the most UNREAL attack on Rocor and the White Russians who
marvelously upheld the banner of anti-Communism when NO OTHER RUSSIANS and FEW Orthodox would touch it with a ten-foot pole
out of fear of 'angering' the MP --- !

When this thing writes "you spit on him", it is not the highly controversial Fr Victor Potapov which is meant, but the
MP SELF-DESCRIBED SOVIET "priest" who dares to utter such political blasphemy.
"******

"This was from a priest in the Western Ukraine. When you support Victor Potapov, you spit on him. When you support James Paffhausen, you spit on him. When you support Rod Dreher, Freddie M-G, or Terrence Mattingly, you spit on him.

You can stand with REAL Orthodox Christians such as HH, Fr Vsevolod Chaplin, and this anonymous priest... or you can stand with phonies like the White Guard ROCOR fanatics....

Not all White émigrés are nasty… not everybody at SVS and the Paris Exarchate are heretics… not all converts are self-centred ignoramuses… but all too many are. You know that I have the habit of speaking the truth. This is one such time. Compare what this confessor archpriest said to the dreck issued by the ROCOR recently. I have much respect for the ROCOR, but I shan’t be silent in the face of arrant falsehood and subservience to the Western powers-that-be. That’s Sergianism... of the vilest sort.

In the late 90s, Victor Potapov showered all sort of lies on the head of His Holiness Patriarch Aleksei Ridiger when Aleksei was at Georgetown University to receive an honorary degree. Today, he’s the centre of a Far Right cabal that mouths loyalty to the Centre.."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Of course, 002 can't be bothered to spell correctly, revealing a lack of any education : "arrant" for "errant" - SIGH -

I think this person should be excommunicated from Rocor-MP.

I am not sure what "lies" were lavished by Fr victor on patriarch Alexei II -- does that mean "fawning praises" ?

I agree with only one or two things this blogger writes : that Rocor-MP should NOT take in
ex-Met. Jonah of the OCA. The latter is too much trouble and Rocor-MP would regret that decision
which if it occurred, might be dictated by a sense of charity.
It would end up backfiring on them, as Met Jonah is WAY too muddled and unstable at his core.
Perhaps even a walking time-bomb, best kept at a very long distance.

He could maybe become a monk at Jordanville, but what good would that do for an ambitious ex-prelate ?