OCA Archbishop's 2nd Brazen Defence of Transgenderism

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: OCA Archbishop's 2nd Brazen Defence of Transgenderism

Post by Maria »

During this season of the Fast of the Nativity, it is good to focus our attention on the Lord, and not on the sins of others.

This example and many others, which are not edifying, are signs of the End Times, when few will have the faith, and when the charity of many will have grown cold. Let us pray that we will persevere in the Holy Faith and in Charity.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Maria wrote:

During this season of the Fast of the Nativity, it is good to focus our attention on the Lord, and not on the sins of others.

This example and many others, which are not edifying, are signs of the End Times, when few will have the faith, and when the charity of many will have grown cold. Let us pray that we will persevere in the Holy Faith and in Charity.

Forgive me for my comment as I'm still learning about Holy Orthodoxy.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Learning is the POINT of having this Forum. No other. So it seems that people will arrive here due to internet searches and those readers MUST FIND absolute solid Truth expressed here. I don't think anyone has said anything out of line in the last little bit. I didn't read previous sections as the subject is too disgusting.

If wrong fake-elders [ even one could say "evil-elders" ] are NOT exposed for their poisoning ideas, people can fall into their orbit. We forget that the average person out there today doesn't have strong standards because he or she has never been taught. Many people gave in to the popular opinion on difficult topics like this only because they had no other barometers. They did not have Priests teaching them, sermons stating the Truth, or access to good quality analyses. Instead, they glance at the mainstream media and absorb like a sponge whatever they are told as far how to view these and many other topics.

So many Americans are like this today.

True Orthodox already HAVE their opinions crystal clear. But this is rare in general society. Thus I think it's useful to have threads which denounce such abominations crisply, with not a bit of the usual ambiguity even in writings or sermons in World Orthodoxy for example. If that entails exposing false idols like this character, then why not stop easily influenced people from joining his group and perishing spiritually ? Same with others today on a variety of other topics.