American hierarch joins Archbishop Gregory of Denver

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Euthymios

Post by Euthymios »

I was baptized by Gregory into ROCOR before the Cyprian union, then he chrismated me into GOC in 1999 and then again into his ROAC in 2006.

It is possible he chrismated me into GOC and ROAC because in his eyes I fell from the faith by communing with Serbs and Moscow after my baptism. I even flirted with Roman Catholicism (I never joined the RCC), but was only tempted to in the past. When Gregory chrismated me again, I remember him asking me if I renounced Ecumenism and Roman Catholicism. Of course I responded in the positive.

GOCTheophan

Post by GOCTheophan »

Euthymios wrote:

It is possible he chrismated me into GOC and ROAC because in his eyes I fell from the faith by communing with Serbs and Moscow after my baptism. I even flirted with Roman Catholicism (I never joined the RCC), but was only tempted to in the past. When Gregory chrismated me again, I remember him asking me if I renounced Ecumenism and Roman Catholicism. Of course I responded in the positive.

I thought people were only re-Chrismated if they left to a religion that does not confess Christ to be God?

I have never heard of people being Chrismated again after repenting of apostasy to Roman Catholicism or Lutheranism. Much less World Orthodoxy (I know that ROAC for one does not re-Chrismate in those cases).

Are there historical examples of this? Or is this just monk Gregory being a bit mad?

Theophan.