Serb:+Patriarch Pavle Calls For Restoration Of The Monarchy!

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Bogatyr

The Serbian Patriarchate & The Monarchy

Post by Bogatyr »

What side did the chetniks take? Would it be appropriate for them to submit themselves to the titoists, the people who made such a wonderful mess of Yugoslavia. Sometimes, separation is called for.
Orthodoxia I Thanatos!
Rostislav Mikhailovich Malleev-Pokrovsky

Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Some Chetniks went on the New Gracanica side.
MANY stayed with the Patriarchate. My family, my grandfather was an Orthodox priest, stayed with the mother church. He was by no means a communist, nor had any communist ties. In fact he finished seminary before WWI so before communism was even conceived in the Serbian lands. Anyway the point is, the biggest Serbian Chetnik leader aside from Draza Mihajlovic who was executed, was Momcilo Djuic who escaped to America. He and my grandpa were best friends and went to seminary together. After all the split went down they were still friends so I think he was on the Patriarch side. WWII Chetniks were on the side of the monarchy because it meant something then, and of course the alternative was as you say TITOISM. The monarchy now is, to me, just theatrical.
wow I just realized how much I rambled there...
ANYWAY.
:roll:
I mean if you are for the monarchy that's great. I just think that Serbian people need someone who knows how to LEAD and doesn't have JUST royal bloodlines. I mean if this "knez" was so valiant like a Tsar Lazar type ok. To me he's just another rich man sitting behind the palace walls oblivious to the rest of what's going on.

no hard feelings
In Christ,
Tess

Господе Исусе Христа, Синe Божји, Помилуј ме грешну!

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Patriarchate DOES have a communist ties.. And the "prince" IS a kretenoid, just like his father..

Међутим!

http://www.douklia.net/govor/pogledi.html

Живио честити Кнез Александар Павлов Карађорђевић!

Кнеза за краља!!

Bogatyr

LOL!

Post by Bogatyr »

I see the titoists survive.
Orthodoxia I Thanatos!
Rostislav Mikhailovich Malleev-Pokrovsky

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

It is the same story like in the Russian (Moscow) case.. You've got KGB, we've got UDB-a.. Same methods, same stories.. Same "symptoms" in the church..

Well.. There is one subject that Russians still have and the Serbs do not - emigre part of the church, ie. Zagranicna..

ROCOR Russians should study what happened to the Nova-Grachanica Serbs.. It is reasonable to believe that something similar will happen with ROCOR when it unites with the MP.. :(

Miriam

Post by Miriam »

Funny how mankind longs for the yoke of the monarchy. We can't be satisfied with a Heavenly King...nooooooo, we have to have an earthly one too...

History certainly hasn't taught us anything.... either that or we're pretty stupid....

miriam

LatinTrad
Jr Member

Post by LatinTrad »

SrbMama wrote:

Where was he when Muslims and Catholics were ethnically(actually religiously) "cleansing" Bosnia and Hercegovina from 1992-1996?

Why is it that the crimes or alleged crimes of Croats and Bosnjaks get pinned on Catholicism and Islam respectively, while the crimes of Slobodan Milosevic do not get pinned on Orthodoxy?

Be fair and consistent. Crimes are committed by INDIVIDUALS. I would NEVER say something like "those Orthodox Christians who starved Ukraine and murdered Catholics in 1946." It would be ridiculous and unfair. Similarly, it is ridiculous and unfair for you to say "Catholics were ethnically cleansing Bosnia."

In Christ,

LT