Fatima goes Satanic...

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

I think that story is fake. Fr Dupruis is under investigation from the Vatican I hear. So how he could be their "official" representative makes me wonder... also, since when are there annual UN-Vatican world conferences?

I doubt this story is true.

Disclaimer: Many older posts were made before my baptism and thus may not reflect an Orthodox point of view.
Please do not message me with questions about the forum or moderation requests. Jonathan Gress (jgress) will be able to assist you.
Please note that I do not subscribe to "Old Calendar Ecumenism" and believe that only the Synod of Archbishop Kallinikos is the canonical GOC of Greece. I do believe, however, that we can break down barriers and misunderstandings through prayer and discussion on forums such as this one.

Serge

Post by Serge »

My comments re: this story are on my blog and in the comments for that entry. Of course if it's a false alarm, that's great. I didn't know Fr Jacques Dupuis from Pepe LePew until people online (including one of my blog's correspondents) wrote about his dubious standing in the Catholic Church.

This is indeed not surprising. I've said it before, you take Novus Ordo (New Order) and throw in World "Orthodoxy" and you get New World Order religion.

The story doesn't mention the Eastern Orthodox communion (so-called 'world Orthodoxy'). Not once.

There are no people on the face of the earth who have more true Love and devotion for the Theotokos than the Orthodox. Look to our Temples, our Liturgies, and our Icon Corners just to give a few examples. No Orthodox home is complete without a frequently venerated Icon of hte Theotokos, nor is any Temple.

The Orthodox tradition does have many Marian prayers, even more of them embedded in the Liturgy than Western Catholicism does. But this bragging seems a bit odd. 'Our'?! But you're not Eastern Orthodox. IIRC you've only been to an Eastern Orthodox church once, many months ago, and live too far away from any to worship at one now. Have you moved? If so, which church do you go to as an inquirer? (Fair question since you identify yourself as a member somehow.) Not 'read their website', not 'correspond by e-mail' - attend.

Fátima, ISTM, is beyond the scope of Eastern Orthodoxy's judgement as it took place outside the context of the EO Church, but again ISTM (not that I claim to speak for any Orthodox church) it's fine - it condemned Communism, not Russian Orthodoxy.

Daniel

Re: Reply

Post by Daniel »

Serge wrote:

Fátima, ISTM, is beyond the scope of Eastern Orthodoxy's judgement as it took place outside the context of the EO Church...

If I understand you correctly, that would mean that I can't call the wicca and hindu 'religions' completely demonic, just because it's not with in Orthodoxy. Or, am I just reading too much into your statement?

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Serge,

If I am not mistaken, since you believe that Orthodoxy and Papism are part of the "One Church", because they are "Apostolic Churches", then would it not, in your opinion, be within the scope of Orthodoxy's judgement?

Serge

Post by Serge »

If I understand you correctly, that would mean that I can't call the wicca and hindu 'religions' completely demonic, just because it's not with in Orthodoxy. Or, am I just reading too much into your statement?

That would be reading too much into it. What I mean is EOxy won't waste time dogmatizing about things outside itself - you'll never see a dogmatic council bother to condemn Hinduism, for example. Of course that doesn't mean you can't say Hinduism is wrong.

rebecca

Post by rebecca »

Now that I think about it, why would the Catholics have those kinds of relations with pagans if they're not even part of the WCC? All of the Catholics I know would be horrified if it were true. If it is, it's probably not a reflection of "official" Vatican policy.

LatinTrad
Jr Member

Post by LatinTrad »

This whole report about Fatima is, as of yet, on the level of tabloid speculation.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us.