ROC-MP satellite blessing seen as a curse by some

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

ROC-MP satellite blessing seen as a curse by some

Post by Maria »

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/Orthodo ... sing-59740

A debate is raging within the Russian Orthodox Church over whether a priest’s blessing caused a satellite to crash into the Atlantic this week. ...

The popular theologian Andrei Kurayev said on Tuesday that the archbishop who blessed the satellite before its launch should be held accountable for its fate. ...

Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin dismissed the theologian’s accusations as “quasi-Christian paganism,” the Nation News website reported Tuesday. ...

To read the complete story and debate, click the link above.

And the debate is on ....

[tongue in cheek] This should prove beyond a doubt :ohvey: that the MP now lacks grace due to its Sergianism.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: ROC-MP satellite blessing seen as a curse by some

Post by Justice »

I think this is a sign that shows sergianism is a clear heresy that shouldn't be expressed. We must pray that some may realize this during these debates.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Now it's being said that the failure was human rather than Church-related :

"Human error may have caused Russia’s Meteor-M weather satellite to crash into the sea two hours after liftoff on Tuesday, according to space industry officials. ...

Federal space agency Roscosmos said that the Meteor-M satellite did not reach its designated orbit Tuesday and that the agency was unable to make contact with it after liftoff.

The satellite likely fell into the Atlantic Ocean due to an error in mission input data, a space industry source told the Interfax news agency on Tuesday."

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/human-e ... rash-59727

I wonder who blessed the 1st launch which was apparently successful after an initial hesitation ? And which hierarch blessed this week's satellite ? He is unnamed in the article.

No matter what, the Moscow Times is - from what little I have seen of it - rather secular. It seems to evince the usual 'intellectual' disdain for the Church. So while the article contains quotations on opposing sides for balance, it is still seems weighted against the Russian Orthodox Church by bringing this embarrassment out in a way that seems like the paper is mocking the MP. But not for the right reason !

Last edited by Maria on Thu 30 November 2017 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Deleted two sentences to comply with copyright laws.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

I think this is a sign that shows sergianism is a clear heresy that shouldn't be expressed. We must pray that some may realize this during these debates.

If all Russian weapons, military vessels (land, ocean, air, and space ready), and rockets would backfire and explode after being blessed by Sergianists, then that should be a clear sign to all that Sergianism is not of God. I doubt that this would happen as I believe that we are in the End Times, and because of our wickedness, we will experience "wars and rumors of wars." However, the angels could intervene, and we must pray to them for protection that World War III does not break out.

Most Holy Theotokos, save us, and send thine angels to guide and protect us.

Back in the early 1960s, during the Cuban missile crisis, governmental and military witnesses on both sides of the Atlantic said that an eminent US-Soviet nuclear war was about to begin. By the way, a war movie or two were produced based on planned nuclear attacks that were narrowly avoided. At this moment, I cannot remember the names of those movies as I am not an avid movie goer nor do I have the time to watch video clips as does Cyprian. Anyway, military personnel in high places said that top ranking officials of both nations had given given permission, proper sequential codes and procedures had even been implemented, but nukes on both sides could not be fired due to fried control panels. This very unusual occurrence gave the military on both sides time to cool down and rethink the matter. There was no human explanation, so it appeared to be angelic protection.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.