PR Greek Orthodox parish joins Roman Catholic Church

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

PR Greek Orthodox parish joins Roman Catholic Church

Post by Maria »

https://holysynergy.wordpress.com/2017/ ... ic-church/

“This news comes from Puerto Rico:
June 10, 2017 the Pan Orthodox of St. Spyridon in Trujillo Alto, PR community were received into the Catholic Church as a Greco Catholic Byzantine community under the “Omophorion” (jurisdiction) of the Latin Archbishop, Metropolitan Roberto González, O.F.M. ...

This makes the community of San Espiridión the first Eastern Catholic in Puerto Rico community. Welcome to the priests and parishioners of San Espiridión to the Catholic Church. They will continue celebrating the Divine Liturgy and sacred mysteries according to the Byzantine tradition. The continuous liturgy in the Church Slavonic language, English and Spanish… following the liturgical calendar Julian (old calendar). ...

The community was under the authority of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople (Istanbul). Now it has been under the jurisdiction of the Archbishop of San Juan of Puerto Rico. Probably then pass to belong to any of the Slavonic Byzantine Eastern Catholic churches, although they continue to remain under the local Latin metropolitan authority.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: PR Greek Orthodox parish joins Roman Catholic Church

Post by Justice »

To the Ecumenists, this probably makes no difference. They probably think that they're just switching leaders.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

To the Ecumenists, this probably makes no difference. They probably think that they're just switching leaders.

This will help offset the loss of RC parishioners to Orthodoxy.

From the demographics I have seen, while some Catholics are converting to Orthodox Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and atheism, there are huge numbers of Protestants converting to Roman Catholicism each year.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Fr. Silouan wrote on his facebook page:

Note: I will not link to Facebook as they are fond of issuing cookies, which mess up computers.

I remember this group, once they were in ROCOR, also briefly in SIR... they loved to call themselves as " Traditional Orthodox"... alas! and SHAMEFUL

So, apparently, after all the different groups of which they were members, they finally ended up with the EP through the Mexican Greek Orthodox Church, and then recently made their conversion to Roman Catholicism. Why all the changes in synods? Are they running away from something?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

And then there is this extensive history published by OrthdoxWiki, where it is said that he was a bishop-elect.

https://orthodoxwiki.org/Andrew_(Vujisi ... of_Tralles

anthony1986
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Eparchy of Korsun

Post by anthony1986 »

So they really accept Papal supremacy and infallibility?

If the laypeople in Orthodox Church joined RC, I won't be that surprise. However, why the Orthodox Priest decided to join RC?

It is just for the theological reason? Or something else?

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

anthony1986 wrote:

So they really accept Papal supremacy and infallibility?

If the laypeople in Orthodox Church joined RC, I won't be that surprise. However, why the Orthodox Priest decided to join RC?

It is just for the theological reason? Or something else?

Perhaps it's to show how dedicated they are to the ecumenical movement? I'm not sure. Welcome to the forum by the way! what jurisdiction are you?