I Keep torturing myself on World Orthodox forums.

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

I Keep torturing myself on World Orthodox forums.

Post by Justice »

I don't know why I just do but if this doesn't stop me from posting on them nothing will. [edited out quote]

:shock:

Last edited by Maria on Sat 3 June 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited post to remove quote from another forum. Please do not quote from or link to other world orthodox forums.
Barbara
Protoposter

Re: I Keep torturing myself on World Orthodox forums.

Post by Barbara »

Goodness ! Why don't you exit from such places, Justice ?

As has been said, some people just will never believe and it is impossible for them to understand. If I were you, unless you are unusually thick-skinned, I would ditch those forums. These World Orthodox posters get hostile and can make a True Orthodox person feel not so good. We don't need these attacks !

Stay where you are appreciated.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Barbara wrote:

Goodness ! Why don't you exit from such places, Justice ?

As has been said, some people just will never believe and it is impossible for them to understand. If I were you, unless you are unusually thick-skinned, I would ditch those forums. These World Orthodox posters get hostile and can make a True Orthodox person feel not so good. We don't need these attacks !

Stay where you are appreciated.

Thank you Barbara for your response. I guess I wanted to look again to see if there were anymore answers. Though I'm finally done with that forum!

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

World Orthodox forums can be quite addictive especially with the drama in private forums where emotions are rarely held in check. It is not unto one's salvation to go and post in such forums. I only visit to send PMs to my friends who remain there, but even that is tempting. The only thing that keeps me from posting there is that my spiritual father has insisted that I no longer post threads there.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Post by Luke »

Justice. Sometimes the loudest and harshest arguments are in-family arguments. I am one of those “World Orthodox” New Calendarists who belong to the same two forums that you do. I have read pointy comments made by the New Calendarists about the Old Calendarists, and I have read pointy comments made by Old Calenderists about New Calendarists. That has been going on for hundreds of years. What is worse than their arguing are posters like you who quote from one forum to another. I saw it happen on the other forum about a year ago. I think that poster and you are both disgusting. My advice to you: Grow up.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Luke wrote:

Justice. Sometimes the loudest and harshest arguments are in-family arguments. I am one of those “World Orthodox” New Calendarists who belong to the same two forums that you do. I have read pointy comments made by the New Calendarists about the Old Calendarists, and I have read pointy comments made by Old Calenderists about New Calendarists. That has been going on for hundreds of years. What is worse than their arguing are posters like you who quote from one forum to another. I saw it happen on the other forum about a year ago. I think that poster and you are both disgusting. My advice to you: Grow up.

While Justice is still a teenager, on a quest for the Truth, which is Christ, the other poster is a grown man with filthy Internet habits. The two cannot be compared. Justice is still innocent; the other has lost both his innocence and faith.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Post by Luke »

Justice needs to learn that you do not go behind forum's backs. If he wants to argue a point, more power to him, but it is wrong to go behind people's backs and quote them on another forum.