Would archbishop Gregory of Colorado be considered a vagante bishop?

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Would archbishop Gregory of Colorado be considered a vagante bishop?

Post by Justice »

Is Gregory of Colorado considered a vagante bishop because he's not in communion with anybody outside his own monastery?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Would archbishop Gregory of Colorado be considered a vagante bishop?

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

Is Gregory of Colorado considered a vagante bishop because he's not in communion with anybody outside his own monastery?

That would be a good assumption.

We must pray for the man.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

I might be hesitant to label him as a vagante as that often raises questions regarding the consecration of the person. While I am not intimately familiar with Abp. Gregory, as I recall he was consecrated properly and within a recognized GOC synod, before he went off the deep end and decided he was the only Orthodox bishop left on earth.

I agree we should pray for him, but I would not be quick to label him as a vagante when there are others that much more readily fit that description.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

HieromonkIrineos wrote:

I might be hesitant to label him as a vagante as that often raises questions regarding the consecration of the person. While I am not intimately familiar with Abp. Gregory, as I recall he was consecrated properly and within a recognized GOC synod, before he went off the deep end and decided he was the only Orthodox bishop left on earth.

I agree we should pray for him, but I would not be quick to label him as a vagante when there are others that much more readily fit that description.

Thank you, Hieromonk Irineos, for your thoughtful response.

Although Bishop Gregory of Colorado is considered a schismatic because he has left the ROAC without a valid reason and has condemned all other Orthodox Christians, many of his books, especially The lives of the Apostles, and his icons are worth purchasing. Indeed, we must pray for him that he may repent of all the harm he has done by his many websites and postings on the Internet.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.