Valaam 1998 Agni Parthene recording

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Barbara
Protoposter

Valaam 1998 Agni Parthene recording

Post by Barbara »

The perfect ANTI-Halloween anthem : "O Pure Virgin"

I like this by the Valaam Brethren Choir by far best of the recordings of the famous hymm.

That it was produced in 1998 by a homey, simple group singing in a heartfelt way rather than later when the MP got much more organized is more appealing in my estimation. It was recorded in Sts. Sergius and German Church, probably not far from the Saints' relics !

This version has deservedly received well over 2 MILLION views. It includes scenes of Valaam Monastery and its forested surroundings :

P.S. The choir leader, Hierodeacon Herman, presumably named for St German of Valaam, is the same one seen in the avatar of the poster of the video.

-> Hierodeacon Herman displayed good sense by voicing approval via a "Like" of the Russian - language video produced by Mercy House Abuse exposing Fr Joachim Parr.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: Valaam 1998 Agni Parthene recording

Post by Justice »

This is the best Agni Parthene I've ever listened to!

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Valaam 1998 Agni Parthene recording

Post by Maria »

Yes, it is lovely.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.