Ancient Faith Radio and the True Orthodox

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Agios_Irineos

Ancient Faith Radio and the True Orthodox

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Listening with discernment is important if one uses this resource. However, twice in the last few months, one of their call in shows received a call about True Orthodoxy. It comes in around the 40th minute.

http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/or ... ber_4_2016

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Ancient Faith Radio and the True Orthodox

Post by Barbara »

What was asked ? What was answered ?
[ I don't have the energy to listen to any Ancient Faith broadcasts. They just repel me too much. ]

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara wrote:

What was asked ? What was answered ?
[ I don't have the energy to listen to any Ancient Faith broadcasts. They just repel me too much. ]

Some of them are fine. Others clearly are not. Discernment is important. And their music selection is nice.

The caller to the show was asking about people who had approached him claiming that the OCA was not the true church and was in heresy (which it clearly is on many levels). He was looking for reassurance that he was really in the church. Of course, the host, a priest from Colorado, assured him he was because the OCA is in communion with the EP and "the great centers of monasticism" and then he went on to use Abp. Gregory as an example of the problems with the TOC and falsely claimed that no TOC jurisdictions are in communion with one another.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I was checking to see in which city the OCA has their Colorado parish. To my surprise, there were 12 !

Well that is interesting to hear that the priest linked the OCA to the EP. Not to the MP, its so-called 'mother church'. So that switch of affiliations or loyalties over to the EP seems to be progressing ?

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Not to mention his claims for supposed “deviant doctrines” to which he gave no sources to backup his statement.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

Not to mention his claims for supposed “deviant doctrines” to which he gave no sources to backup his statement.

Who is he?

Are you referring to Bishop Gregory of Colorado?

Yes, Bishop Gregory is telling the world that he is the only True Orthodox bishop. Yet, he allows defrocked priest who have been remarried to join his cult, and he baptizes and re-ordains them. :face palm: :ohvey:

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Maria wrote:
Justice wrote:

Who is he?

Are you referring to Bishop Gregory of Colorado?

I was referring to the host of the radio broadcast.