Spectacular new Church to arise over Lubyanka Sq.

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Spectacular new Church to arise over Lubyanka Sq.

Post by Barbara »

In the pics for the last Liturgy of Met Tikhon of Pskov, we get one of the best glimpses of the interior of the 1-year old [ by consecration ] Cathedral of the Resurrection and the New Martyrs :

However, I feel that the altar below the frescos looks cold and a tad forbidding. The image of the Cathedral's altar did NOT show up here, either due to my mistake or an automatic protection from use for a wrong purpose.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

In the pics for the last Liturgy of Met Tikhon of Pskov, we get one of the best glimpses of the interior of the 1-year old [ by consecration ] Cathedral of the Resurrection and the New Martyrs :

However, I feel that the altar below the frescos looks cold and a tad forbidding. The image of the Cathedral's altar did NOT show up here, either due to my mistake or an automatic protection from use for a wrong purpose.

Do you have a link so that we can view the entire image?

I like how the deacon leads the people in prayer, and how all or most women are veiled. What a contrast to western forms of worship!

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Yes, here is the entire photo gallery. Some pictures are only of attendees at the final liturgy celebrated by Metropolitan Tikhon [Shevkunov] before leaving Sretensky for the border of Lithuania :

http://orthochristian.com/113115.html

Let me try that altar photo again :

Beautiful mosaic of the Ascension, the day this Cathedral was consecrated in 2017 :

Russian New Martyrs of the Communist Yoke surround and adore the Risen Christ [ dual patronage of the Cathedral at Lubyanka ] :