Uniates try to take an Orthodox Church by force

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Uniates try to take an Orthodox Church by force

Post by Maria »

http://www.pravmir.com/for-the-first-ti ... -by-force/

Is the Vatican behind this Ukrainian war as it was behind the supposed fall of the USSR?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Re: Uniates try to take an Orthodox Church by force

Post by jgress »

The Vatican single-handedly engineered the fall of the USSR? News to me.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

jgress wrote:

The Vatican single-handedly engineered the fall of the USSR? News to me.

Apparently, the CIA was the main player behind the fall of the USSR, but the Vatican did play a very small part.

One of the stories that came out after the demise of the USSR was that all or almost all IBM copy machines had a little bug that would transmit data to the CIA every time a copy was made. NSA could still be using this bug or another more advanced version, so the James Bond idea of instantly burning secret messages would not help.

An interesting read published in 1993 concerning this period was written by Barbara Von der Heydt, Candles Behind the Wall.

I purchased several new or used copies from Amazon as several relatives wanted to read it.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

My impression was the Vatican did play a more significant role in Poland, where it remained relatively strong throughout the Communist period.