HOCNA & Makarian Synod = Sisters in Name-Worshiping

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

προσκυνητής
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC of Greece - Met. Christophoros

Re: Strange Events Happening within the Makarian-HOCNA Synod

Post by προσκυνητής »

As usual, Fr. Panagiotis Carras had his "facts" wrong in his email. He totally mischaracterized the split between Kiousis and the "Lamians." He said that "many of the newly ordained hierarchs" left the Lamians which is incorrect. I would like to see the names of those "many". And the most blatant misstatement was that Abp. Makarios only had three bishops left when they elected the recent episcopal candidates; in fact, Abp. Makarios still had five bishops with him: Met. Kallinikos of Fthiotis and Thavmakou, Met. Efthymios of Thessaloniki, Met. Philaretos of France, Met. Pankratios of Korinth and Nemea, and Bp. Nektarios of Olympus.

Over the years, I've written to Fr. Panagiotis to correct his fact errors and he never does. Take what he writes with a grain of salt.

Romanos
Florida, USA

The content of any of my posts is strictly my own opinion and not the official position of St. Menas Greek Orthodox Chapel, the GOC of Greece, nor any of her clergy.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Strange Events Happening within the Makarian-HOCNA Synod

Post by Maria »

This topic has been moved into World Orthodoxy.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

HOCNA & Macarian Synod - Sisters in Name-Worshipping

Post by Maria »

http://onimyaslavie.blogspot.com/2013/0 ... synod.html

• Sister Churches in More Ways Than One
    by Fr. Panagiotes Carras

In 1995, a rebellious faction of six bishops formed within the synod of the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece, under Archbishop Chrysostomos and separated itself over what they claimed to be canonical infractions. These false charges were brought forth in order to avoid the impending trial of Metropolitan Euthymios (Orphanos) of Thessaloniki, who had been charged with moral infractions. The other charge had to do with the election of the notorious Bishop Vikentios (Malamatenios) of Avlona (fornerly of Astoria, N. Y.) as Metropolitan of Piraeus.

The six Hierarchs who left were Ephthimios, of Thessaloniki, Kallinikos of Lamia, Stefanos of Chios, Ioustinos of Evripos, Vikentios of Avlona and Paisios of America. The group was headed by Metropolitan Kallinikos of Lamia and was commonly known as the Lamian Synod.

The six hierarchs were defrocked on July 12/25, 1995 because of their schism from the Holy Synod. Euthimios of Thessaloniki was found guilty of immoral acts on 13/26 July, 1995 and was ordered to be confined to the Monastery of St. Iakovos, the Brother of the Lord and not to receive Holy Communion for 15 years.

By early 1996, the movement had fragmented into three groups. The first group, Stefanos of Chios and Ioustinos of Evripos, repented their schismatic actions and were reconciled with the Holy Synod of Archbishop Chrysostomos. The second group, Paisios of America and Vikentios of Avlona, renounced the Faith and submitted to the Ecumenical Patiarchate. Later they became fugitives from American justice. The third group was made up of Euthimios, of Thessaloniki, and Kallinikos of Lamia.

In 1996, Kallinikos of Lamia and Euthymios of Thessaloniki proceeded to ordain five titular bishops in an attempt to create a new synod. In 2004, this synod finally decided to elect a primate, and elected Makarios (Kavakides) of Athens. A good deal of their membership was then lost, as many realized what really motivated the schism and returned to the Holy Synod of the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece.

In 2007 the Lamian Synod ordained Archimandrite Nectarios (Yashunsky) from St. Petersburg as Bishop of Olympus. He served as the administrator of two parishes in Russia. When these two parishes collapsed Bishop Nektarios returned to Greece. Bishop Nektarios, as an Archimandrite, introduced the Lamians to the Name-Worshipping Heresy. His article in defence of Name-Worshipping in Greek, A Brief Explanation of Onomatodoxy, can be found on HOCNA's web site that is dedicated to the heresy of Name-Worship. The other Greek article in defense of this heresy, The Name of God as A Sign Spoken Against appears to be written by Archbishop Makarios. Neither of these two articles appear on any of the Lamian sites and at least two Lamian hierarchs and many of their clergy and laity are opposed to the teachings of these heretics. Nectarios Yashunsky's article can also be found on Gregory Lourie's site which also includes an icon of the heretic, Anthony Bulatovich, founder of the Name-Worshippers.

Archbishop Makarios has also deviated from the Faith by allying himself with the renovationist, New-Calendar Archimandrite, Fr. Nektarios Moulatsiotis. Moulatsiotis became world famous in 2002 when he founded the Freemonks. This was a rock band named Paparokades. By 2005 the monks abandoned Moulatsiotis and monasticism.

Moulatsiotis' dedication to the struggle against Digital Identity Cards then became focused on organizing demonstrations against Digital Identity Cards. He was joined by Archbishop Makarios in this endeavour. At one of Moulatsiotis' demonstrations, Archbishop Makarios proclaimed, "Let us be united in one fist, New-Calendarists and Old-Calendarists...today we will not ask if you are with the new or old calendar but rather if you are with Christ." Archbishop Makarios also joined Moulatsiotis in rallies sponsored by the political group ELKIS.

Many of Archbishop Makarios' unilateral activities [in relation to HOCNA] are not approved of by the other hierarchs, clergy and lay people of the Lamian Synod. The so-called STATEMENT OF EUCHARISTIC COMMUNION has been hidden from those in Greece. Clergy and people in Greece realize that the term Eucharistic Communion is another way of saying Eucharistic Hospitality. This heresy was expounded by HOCNA when they justified giving Holy Communion to the Name-Worshipper, Gregory Lourie. This heresy was expressed with the words: desire to foster the oneness that must exist among all Orthodox Christians in the Holy Body and Blood of our Saviour.

HOCNA and the Lamians are truly sister churches in more ways than one.

The history of Orthodoxy is fraught with deception, sin, and prelest because we are sinners.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: HOCNA & Makarian Synod = Sisters in Name-Worshiping

Post by Justice »

According to a member of the Makarian synod, St. Philaret wrote a letter suggesting that Non-TOC people would be saved. The member then attributed this to the Awake sleeper heresy preached by HOCNA and the Makarios synod.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Did not understand what you wrote, Justice. Please explain a little.

I don't remember seeing the above post. An ICON of Anthony Bulatovich ?? I am shocked at how many fake 'saints' there are these days. It's getting worse and worse.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Barbara wrote:

I don't remember seeing the above post. An ICON of Anthony Bulatovich ?? I am shocked at how many fake 'saints' there are these days. It's getting worse and worse.

I was having a discussion with a member of the Makarios synod over at NFTU. He made the argument above among others. I’ll give a link to the article where the comments can be found.

Link: http://nftu.net/the-universal-importanc ... -lukewarm/

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:
Barbara wrote:

I was having a discussion with a member of the Makarios synod over at NFTU. He made the argument above among others. I’ll give a link to the article where the comments can be found.

Link: http://nftu.net/the-universal-importanc ... -lukewarm/

I read his argument. It does not fly.

When the 1983 anathema was issued, one of the ROCOR Synod members, Anthony of Geneva, was an ecumenist who was concelebrating with New Calendarists Greek Orthodox.