Name-Glorifying's Encroachment into Russian Orthodoxy

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

xenondrum
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Rafail and Lurie against "Name-Fighting" heresy

Post by xenondrum »

Lord have mercy. St. Seraphim of Sarov intercede to God for the Russian people.

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by Priest Siluan »

Maria wrote:

Lord have mercy. In all of Russia, is there one church which will stand up against the Name-Glorifiers?

Of course, RTOC, I never meet there anyone who supports it.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Priest Siluan wrote:
Maria wrote:

Lord have mercy. In all of Russia, is there one church which will stand up against the Name-Glorifiers?

Of course, RTOC, I never meet there anyone who supports it.

People who live in Russia are saying that Name-Glorifying is found everywhere including the ROCOR-MP, MP, RTOC, ROCOR-A (GOC-Kallinkos sister church), ROAC, and apparently now, it might even be in the Met. Rafael jurisdiction, unless he has been greatly deceived along with the other Russian True Orthodox.

With the popular uproar against "Name-Fighters" started by the Name-Glorifiers, and with false information that accuses these "Name-Fighters" of attacking God, even the hierarchy are being deceived. Lord have mercy.

We, the True Orthodox, need to expose this deception.

"Name-Haters" or "Name-Fighters" do not exist. The Church has never condemned "Name-Fighters."

On the contrary, the "Name-Glorifiers" who are also known as "Name-Worshipers" are the ones who have been condemned by the Holy Orthodox Church as heretics. It is these "Name-Glorifiers" who have created this smokescreen of big bad "Name-Fighters" to deceive even the elect.

I repeat, "Name-Fighters" do not exist. This is a grand hoax, a smokescreen, started by the Name-Glorifiers themselves, so that people will take pity on them.

Lord have mercy.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Dcn.Ephrem
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by Dcn.Ephrem »

The real ROAC is against Name-Worshipping.

Fr. Deacon Ephrem Cummings
Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church (ROAC)

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Dcn.Ephrem wrote:

The real ROAC is against Name-Worshipping.

Deacon Ephrem: Do you have any documents anywhere on your ROAC websites that condemn "Name-Worshiping" aka
"Name-Glorifying"?

Father Siluoan: Are there any documents anywhere on RTOC websites that condemn the heresy of "Name-Worshiping" aka "Name-Glorifying"?

If not, why not?

It is also time that we expose this new smokescreen of "Name-Fighters".

Here are the only two jurisdictions that have accepted the Patriarchial (EP and MP) condemnations of Name-Worshiping and that have posted those documents and others on their official websites.

Genuine Orthodox Church (GOC) - Metropolitan Christopher of Mesogaias and the Islands

GOC-Kallinikos - the Official website at HOTCA and Greece have not posted anything

The following website has a huge resource of documents exposing the Name-Worshiping Heresy:
http://onimyaslavie.blogspot.com/

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Dcn.Ephrem
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by Dcn.Ephrem »

We have nothing on our English website, but the minutes from the Synodal meeting that condemned Gregory Lourie is here: http://www.rpac.ru/article/308/ (in Russian).

The minutes mention that ROAC (in translation it will say RPAT) issued several warnings to Gregory concerning name-worshiping, and that ROAC accepts the decrees of the pre-revolutionary Russian Church: "[T]he highest ecclesiastical authority in pre-revolutionary Russia - the Holy Governing Synod - in 1913, issued its judgment on this issue. In 1917-1918, the Russian Local Council issued a condemnation on the subject. His Holiness Patriarch Tikhon confirmed the condemnation. The Russian Church has not canceled these decisions on the misconceptions of A. Bulatovic. ROAC in 2001 added its small voice to the judgments of previous decisions."

Metropolitan Valentine is also quoted saying, "The doctrine of. A. Bulatovic is not compatible with the Orthodox, religious worldview..."

[EDIT: I just found a good translation of the minutes that NFTU put up: http://nftu.net/suzdal-diocesan-bulleti ... sian-text/.]

Fr. Deacon Ephrem Cummings
Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church (ROAC)

Alexander Kuzmin

Post by Alexander Kuzmin »

Metropolitan Valentine asked other bishops to sign empty papers and then added this text. You can read about it in the memories of Bishop Ambrose whose signature is also under this document and who later ordained bishop Gregory. Here is the text of Bishop Ambrose in Russian: http://www.portal-credo.ru/site/?act=authority&id=1180
He says that among all bishops only bishop Anthony was against Name-Glorifying, but his reason was "Because Father Victor Melekhov says this is a heresy".
But now Met Valentine and Bishop Anthony are both dead.

Besides Alexander Soldatov is mentioned in this document as a main Name-Glorifier, but now he receives Holy Communion in Suzdal and he lives there very often, you can see him on many pictures there (although he continues to publish documents on Name-Glorifying on his Portal-Credo.Ru).

Try to find some OTHER document of ROAC that says something against Name-Glorifying. I will be VERY MUCH surprised if you find something.

I study English, forgive my mistakes.