World Orthodoxy and the Name-Worshiping Heresy

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Elder Sophrony & Met. Hierotheos both taught Name-Worshiping

Post by Maria »

Re: the book, Struggle to Know God: The Correspondence of Father Sophrony with D Balfour (Gr. Agonas Theognosias).

... it is a collection of the correspondence between Elder Sophrony and David Balfour. In his book I Know A Man In Christ Metropolitan Hierotheos Vlachos speaks of the great impression these letters made on him and helped to further his appreciation Elder Sophrony as a true theologian and true man of love. http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/for ... msg1323168

No doubt, reading these letters and the writings of Elder Sophrony indoctrinated Met. Hierotheos into Name-Worshiping, which he now promotes.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: World Orthodoxy and the Name-Worshiping Heresy

Post by Barbara »

Thanks for that information ! I knew Met Hierotheos Vlachos was wrong some way. But didn't know precisely why.
That's valuable to know.

Archimandrit Nilos

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

Yes, I agree : Hierotheos Vlachos and Sophrony Sacharov from Essex are heretics and Name-Worshipers of the fallen WORLD ORTHODOXY.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Post by Cyprian »

Barbara, Hierotheos Vlachos is a New-Calendarist. That's all you really need to know. A few years ago, Philoteus and I tried to warn this forum to refrain from promoting the psycho-babble of Vlachos, and his mentor Romanides, and it caused a big uproar, and the thread was locked, and Philoteus was chased away from this forum, and has yet to return.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian

Post by Maria »

Cyprian wrote:

Barbara, Hierotheos Vlachos is a New-Calendarist. That's all you really need to know. A few years ago, Philoteus and I tried to warn this forum to refrain from promoting the psycho-babble of Vlachos, and his mentor Romanides, and it caused a big uproar, and the thread was locked, and Philoteus was chased away from this forum, and has yet to return.

This is sad, and you must invite Philoteus back.

Remember, a few years ago back in 2011, we had many members from HOCNA who venerated Romanides and his writings. Since that time, HOCNA has subtly promoted many heresies including Awake Sleeper and Name-Worshiping. In 2011 and 2012, more than half the laity, monastics, and clergy of HOCNA left and joined the GOC-K when Met. Ephraim issued encyclicals promoting Name-Glorification.

We must pray that more of HOCNA's laity and clergy become enlightened and leave HOCNA before it begins to promote more damnable heresies. The problem lies with family ties. Certain very elderly and sick members who are innocent and pious people remain within HOCNA. Some of these "see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil" people remain as nuns with HOCNA. They venerate Elder Panteleimon and believe the twisted lies of Met. Ephraim, who has convinced his adoring followers that vicious rumors and gossip are being promoted in an attempt to destroy HOCNA, and so they must stop their ears from hearing such things. To avoid offending these pious people, their adult relatives and children, their children, and grandchildren cannot leave HOCNA as long as these elderly people are alive.

There are still people who claim to be "True Orthodox" who support the teachings of Hierotheos Vlachos, Romanides, Elder Sophrony, Elder Paisios of Mt. Athos, and other New Calendarists. Even though I have quoted many passages from Elder Sophrony to prove his Name-Worshiping position, there are laity and readers on this very forum who claim that I am a "Heresy Hunter," yet in their own multiple Internet blogs, they act like bishops and attempt to teach novel things -- Blind leading the blind.

Even at my parish, I have met an uneducated parishioner who promotes "reincarnation." Does my priest agree with reincarnation? No, he correctly states that reincarnation is a heresy. However, the teachings of Freemasonry and even Rosicrucianism are pervading World Orthodoxy as individual members of their laity, clergy, bishops, and even the EP have been avowed Freemasons since the early 1900s. When members of World Orthodoxy seek to join True Orthodoxy, they might knowingly or unknowingly conceal their true beliefs. For this reason, the clergy in True Orthodoxy usually have these inquirers and catechumen undergo a lengthy catechumenate from one to three years to root out and correct all these false teachings..

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Post by Cyprian »

Maria,

I do not know Philoteus personally. I only know of him from some of his posts here. The only way I would know how to contact him to invite him back would be through the private message feature of this board.

Archimandrit Nilos

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

Not only HOCNA was venerating Romanides but also the Akakian-Florinites of Paris (now under Makarios Kavakidis and Evthymios Orphanos), but also in early times under Achilles/Ambroise Fontrier, ordained 1942 by Evloghios Georgievsky from the so called "Archbishopric of Russian Tradition" (sic!). Fontrier was also with ECOF, Moscow Patriarchate, ROCOR, Old Calendarises with Kallinikos Sarantopoulos, after with Auxentios Pastras and the HOCNA, especially with Panteleimon Mitropoulos. Now this groupuscule is under Ambroise/ Philarète Motte.