World Orthodoxy and the Name-Worshiping Heresy

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: World Orthodoxy and the Name-Worshiping Heresy

Post by Barbara »

Thanks, Cyprian, for explaining that Vlachos' mentor was Romanides. Helps me put everything into perspective.
But I agree : you said it right. All I really need to know is that the former is a New Calendarist.
I like understanding all this, and appreciate everyone's input.
Why on earth are even traditionalists promoting Fr Sophrony and the False Paisius of Mt Athos, considering them Saints ?
This part I really don't grasp.

It's surprising, though, that even here, members were spouting the Name-Worshipping line and not even listening
when Cyprian and Philoteus tried to wake them up.

Thank you, Maria, for explaining the conundrum of any members remaining in Hocna ! Who could even think a soul would stay there ? That paints the picture of why many have failed to transfer to a suitable jurisdiction. I agree, they should flee at the earliest chance, when the respected relatives repose or are no longer paying attention to Church matters.

Archimandrit Nilos

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

You know these people from Paris, Fontrier, Motte, Terestchenko and so one ?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Archimandrit Nilos wrote:

You know these people from Paris, Fontrier, Motte, Terestchenko and so one ?

No, but if the discussion could potentially turn polemical, it might be best to start a new thread in Intra-TOC Polemics.

We should be made aware of all those who promote Name-Worshiping and other heresies, so that we may avoid their teaching and books.

However, if these folks are members of World Orthodoxy and are also Name-Worshipers, then you can continue to post in this thread and forum about them.

In Christ,
Maria
Admin

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Archimandrit Nilos

Always your replies....it's tedious !

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Who ARE they, Archimandrite ? [ If not polemical... ]

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: World Orthodoxy and Name-Worshiping

Post by Maria »

προσκυνητής wrote:

St. Anthony's Monastery uses Holy Transfiguration Monastery's texts for their music.

That is true, but St. Anthony uses the older translations prior to 2000.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Archimandrit Nilos

Re: World Orthodoxy and Name-Worshiping

Sophrony Sacharov is a manifest heretic and Name-Worshipper. He has studied in Paris, where is the factory of all modern heresies (Boulgakov, Kartachov, Kern, Wagner, and many other such persons), with the name "Parisian School / St-Sergius-Institute.